Woman claims mirror caused baby’s car seat to burn


CEDAR PARK, Texas (KXAN) — The video exhibits a automotive seat with smoke coming from it within the again seat. A Cedar Park mom posted it on Fb on Jan. 23 making an attempt to warn different mother and father.

“That is my child’s automotive seat smoking as a result of there’s a mirror on the again of the seat so I can see her,” stated the mother. “I simply took her out of the seat and smelled smoke and noticed the smoke arising. And that is brought on by the solar’s reflection into the automotive seat.”

In footage, you’ll be able to see holes within the automotive seat material. The mother says she’s used mirrors together with her different youngsters and by no means seen something like this. She posted on Fb that the automotive seat model was Britax and the mirror Eddie Bauer.

Each corporations advised KXAN they’re conscious of what occurred. In a press release, a Britax spokesperson stated, “Direct daylight reflecting off shiny objects in a automotive may be harmful. The federal authorities requires all automotive seats and the inside of automobiles to satisfy flame retardant requirements. On this incident, the flame retardants within the automotive seat did their job.”

The assertion goes on to say,”As all the time, mother and father and caregivers ought to train warning when utilizing any after-market automotive seat equipment, together with again seat mirrors. All again seat mirrors must be put in appropriately, securely hooked up and mounted to the car head restraint. Incorrect set up may end up in damage if the mirror turns into a projectile in a crash.”

Eddie Bauer’s licensee and producer of the Twin Dealing with Mirror is Goldbug. A spokesperson with the corporate stated in a press release, “Goldbug has an extended historical past of manufacturing high quality merchandise that assist mother and father safely care for his or her youngsters.”

The assertion additionally stated,”Goldbug and Eddie Bauer haven’t acquired complaints or been made conscious of a problem like this prior to now.”

The spokesperson identified that a warning is hooked up to the product studying, “Influence hazard, connect securely. Potential entanglement, strangulation, damage when not hooked up as instructed. Periodically confirm that the mirror is correctly secured to the headrest. Concentrate on mirrored daylight and brilliant lights on youngsters’s eyes. Please maintain out of direct daylight for lengthy durations of time. By no means connect to crib or play yard. This product is just not a toy. Don’t permit youngsters to play with this product. When not in use, maintain out of attain of youngsters. Grownup meeting required.”

The mother says she was dashing house and she or he’s grateful her child wasn’t within the seat.

“Thank God!…



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *