Nashville Mayor Megan Barry stated Sunday that her solely baby has died of an obvious drug overdose.
A press release launched from Barry and her husband, Bruce, says 22-yr-previous Max Barry died Saturday night time in Denver.
“Early this morning, we acquired information that no mother and father ought to ever have to listen to,” the assertion stated. “We can’t start to explain the ache and heartbreak that comes with dropping our solely youngster. Our son was a sort soul vigorous and love for his household and buddies.”
Max Barry graduated in June from the College of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington.
“Our household would drastically recognize your ideas and prayers, and would respectfully ask for privateness as we mourn the lack of our youngster and start to know a world with out his laughter and love in our lives,” the assertion stated.
Funeral preparations are pending.
Megan Barry was sworn in as Nashville’s first feminine mayor in September 2015 together with her husband and son by her aspect.
Denver police spokeswoman Raquel Lopez declined to look the division’s data and logs for the police report of Barry’s demise, saying that may violate the division’s coverage of not figuring out victims.