The Florida Well being Division of Duval County has closed certainly one of its particular wants emergency shelters for Hurricane Irma as a result of it has reached capability.
The Legends Middle 5130 Soutel Drive in Jacksonville can’t take any extra evacuees as a result of it’s at capability.
There are nonetheless three different shelters for Jacksonville residents which are out there together with:
1. Atlantic Coast Excessive Faculty 9735 R.G. Skinner Parkway.
2. Oceanway Center 143 Oceanway Ave.
three. Enterprise Elementary 8085 Previous Middleburg Street.
Oxygen might be offered at particular wants shelters to residents who require it. Officers are advising residents to deliver oxygen concentrators together with oxygen tanks or canisters.
Different advisories for particular wants shelters embrace:
• Sufficient drugs for seven days.
• All prescription drugs within the unique containers even when provide is low.
• Sufficient medical provides for seven days. These are gadgets which are used each day resembling glucometers, lancets, syringes, dressings, and bandages.
• Medical gear used at residence similar to wheelchairs, canes, walkers, listening to aids, and eyeglasses.
• Any particular meals gadgets – for instance, meals appropriate for diabetic or cardiac shoppers. Meals have to be non-perishable.
• Private gadgets like a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, diapers and clothes.
Caregivers are anticipated to stay with the person requiring medical help. Name (904) 255-3110 to register for particular wants shelters or go to the Metropolis of Jacksonville Emergency Preparedness webpage for registration info.
Officers ask residents to register instantly in case you are a resident who wants electrical energy or restricted help as a result of medical circumstances throughout Hurricane Irma.
Drew Dixon: (904) 359-4098.